About the role
We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager to become part of the kick-ass Yggdrasil team. You will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and overseeing the technical team’s work. Your knowledge will be crucial for us, and you will be able to make a difference.
In Yggdrasil, we continuously endeavor to maintain our reputation and our brand name as a guarantee of excellence and reliability by putting in place the best engineering practices. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to supervise and guide engineering teams to achieve excellence.
We are looking for an experienced manager with a people-focused approach. Yggdrasilians are our greatest asset, so we want the best to lead them!
- Lead Agile processes and practices maturity working across the organization
- Oversee design and development with close collaboration with Product Management
- Direct the work of software engineers, QA engineers, and Product Owners to ensure the best practices around software engineering and product development
- Ensure roadmap delivery – on-time and on-budget
- Manage Agile software engineering metrics/KPIs
- Manage and support team members in day-to-day jobs as a first-line manager (on-boarding, 1-on-1s, salaries, approving time reports and holidays)
- Ensure that projects/department milestones/goals are met and in line with approved budgets
- Make sure products are high quality, compliant, and created according to policies
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading and managing Agile teams
- Extensive knowledge of software development methodologies and practices, a good understanding of software engineering and architecture
- Expert in Scrum/Kanban methodologies - ideally Agile Coach experience
- Great project management skills
- A mind for business
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English
Nice to have:
- Hands-on software development experience or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/IT
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA, Confluence