About the role
For our Yggdrasil's Studio, we are looking for a Game Designer, who will conceptualize the creative aspects of the game project in co-operation with the Art Director, Mathematicians, and Game Producer and actively assist teams involved in game development.
Game Designer works with a blueprint set of rules for the game, created by concept designers and mathematicians, focusing on game flow and presentation, to transform it into a fully-formed slot game and realize the game concept to its full potential.
Your talent and experience will be crucial and you will be able to make a real impact on the shape of our products. We are already known for our superb quality and attention to detail, but we would like to push these qualities even further with each and every release.
- Design the visual aspects of the game in co-operation with Art Director
- Design the logic of presentation of the game events with best UX practices in mind (including, but not limited to the clarity of events, cause and effect logic of presentation, important game moment highlights, in-game text communication, etc.)
- Support Sound Design to create a consistent audio-visual game experience
- Document design of the game in a clear way that supports game development, art creation and production, and ensures the game is compliant with known regulations
- Oversee the game vision throughout the development by effectively communicating with development and art teams to ensure the design is implemented as intended, and with the Math/Concept Team to ensure the rules of the game are upheld
- Assist Teams in fine-tuning the visual and UX game experience during development
- Assist Marketing and Game Producers in communicating strong points of the game to ensure effective marketing communication
- Design portfolio showcasing experience in game design and design documentation
- Ability to create visual aids to communicate design choices, game flow, and game events effectively (any tools necessary, for example, Adobe XD, Figma, flowchart software of own choice, graphical /animation software, etc.)
- Strong interest in gaming and drive to grow in the gaming industry
- Fluency in English
Nice to have:
- Experience in the iGaming industry (Slot games and other gambling games), or experience in the design of gambling-related features (e.g. loot boxes, gacha games etc.), or experience in Social Casino games
- Experience in working with development and art teams
- Design education, courses, and other formal training
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered!