About the role
Yggdrasil is looking for an Engineering Manager. This is a great opportunity for a people-oriented lead with technical knowledge. You will lead a cross-functional team that contains all the skills necessary to develop and continuously improve products focusing on organizing work, employees development, and effective communication. The goal of the team is to deliver tools and frameworks (Game Development Kit) that will enhance the development of the games and to maintain from a technical perspective the whole portfolio supporting entering new markets and meeting new regulatory requirements.
You will also contribute to department strategy aligned with company objectives in collaboration with the Head of Studio and Game Development Manager.
Yggdrasilians are our greatest asset, so we want to find the best to lead them!
- Setting and communicating a direction – vision, mission, targets for the team
- Taking an active part in the development of the tools as a lead programmer and code reviewer
- Handling communication with other teams so developers can focus on development
- Take responsibility upon team’s deliveries
- Project tracking and project planning
- Release planning and supervision of release execution
- Spotting bottleneck and blockers
- Tuning the performance of the team by creating a challenging and intellectually stimulating working environment
- First-line management tasks (staffing, group growth, individual growth, onboarding, etc.)
- Take an active part in evolving and establishing methods and ways of working, making sure the development process is smooth end efficient
- Budget, planning, and follow-up
- Establish and manage KPIs
- Experience of working in a similar position with a clear product delivery responsibility
- Proven great leadership skills (inclusive mindset) and ability to create highly efficient cross competence teams
- Experience in project management, release management, and release coordination
- Knowledge of OOP and Design Patterns
- Hands-on experience with any Version Control System (i.e. Git, SVN, Perforce, or Mercurial)
- Ability to integrate new technologies into existing solutions
- Great ability to handle many ongoing streams of information
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA, Confluence.
- Fluency in English
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Experience in the iGaming industry