About the role
We are looking for a passionate BigData Engineer to expand our workforce. While building online games, we are solving the most complex challenges in our industry. In order to maintain top market position, Yggdrasil always is looking to improve the quality of work by working with the most demanding and innovative technologies.
BigData Engineer responsibilities include collecting, storing, processing, and analysing huge data sets. The primary focus will be choosing optimal solutions for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company.
Join us and you will learn exciting things that will be a key part of your professional and personal experience.
We want you to grow with us!
- Envision system features and functionality
- Design and develop applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout the development life cycle
- Determining design methodologies and tool sets
- Contributing to team meetings
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Implementing ETL process
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Defining data retention policies
- Update knowledge by researching new technologies and software products
- Develop documentation and assistance tools
- Expertise in the knowledge of Scala or/and Java language
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Proficiency with GCP BigData technologies such as BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, Cloud Composer.
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Pub/Sub
- Thorough knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases; Analytical mindset and a logical approach to solving problems
Nice to have:
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with building stream-processing systems
- Experience with Kafka/Kafka Connect